Surface-EXT is an alkali and acid resistant glass fiber specifically designed to extend the life of micro surfacing and slurry seal pavement applications.
Surface-EXT improves pavement flexibility and long-term durability. This treatment is extremely easy to use and has a specific gravity similar to that of the aggregate. This allows it to disperse completely and evenly throughout the slurry mix. The glass fiber can be used at any dosage, to suit any project need.
Features & Benefits:
- Alkali and acid resistant glass
- High split efficiency
- Excellent dispersion
- No increase in water demand
- Excellent work-ability and mechanical performance
- Increases pavement flexibility
- Mitigates reflective cracking
- Improved long-term durability
- Suitable for all Slurry Seal and Micro Surfacing applications
- Available as pre-chopped fibers for ease of use*
FORTA Surface-EXT is used in slurry seal and micro surfacing pavement applications. Surface-EXT has been designed to arrange into a matrix in the mixture, which helps link the asphalt to the aggregate giving the cured mixture additional durability. It assures excellent work-ability while maintaining reliable long-term performance. The use of Surface-EXT typically does not require a change to the mix design.
* Also available as roving which can be easily chopped on-site/on-demand with special equipment available from FORTA®. If purchased as roving, the rovings are protected by a shrink-wrap polyethylene film, open at the top which should not be removed when the product is in use. Rovings are packed on pallets.
View some of our other products by clicking here.