Want to join the FORTA Asphalt team?
Independent Sales Representative
Seeking Qualified Independent Sales Reps with Passion & Perseverance for Success
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a growing and innovative company. You will benefit from an industry-leading commission program, as well as an excellent training program to introduce you to our products and services. You will receive continuous training, support from Inside Sales, Marketing, Tech Services, AND On-site Project Support! We are known for our friendliness and take pride in our top of the line support staff.
We understand the value of providing exceptional support to our Independent Sales Representatives!
“I hope our reps get rich selling our products.”
– John Lindh, President
Target Markets – Contractors, Pavers, Producers, Engineers, DOT’s, Township supervisors, Large Property Owners
Territories – TN, MS, NC, SC, AL, GA, & FL
Do you want to work for a company that values & respects their employees, and has less than 1% turnover? Do you want to be challenged, innovative and supported? Do you like to travel? If you do, FORTA Corp. is the company you want to work for!
Assistant Technical Manager
Engineering – Transportation/Construction
Partner with the sales team and distributors to secure product approval for use within the United States. Develop testing protocols to identify the advantages of FORTA-FI® when used in asphalt applications. Support the sales efforts to generate new leads and educate owner’s, producer’s, contractor’s and engineers on the features and advantages of FORTA-FI®. Train internal personnel on specifics of the asphalt industry, such as production, construction, etc.
Obtain product approval by state DOT’s, and various other government agencies.
- Prepare new product application forms and submit to agency for approval
- Assist sales team in securing field trial for agency review.
- Attend agency trial projects.
- Write guide specifications for agency for inclusion in construction documents or other as required by agency.
- Follow approval process through to completion.
- Developed standardized test protocols to highlight advantages of FORTA-FI®.
- Work with ASTM and AASHTO for inclusion of test in committee.
- Develop and maintain up to date guide document for appropriate test methods and protocols.
- Supervise testing in testing facilities completing first time tests.
- Interpret test data and recommend appropriate next steps.
- Attend all national trade shows.
- Assist sales team at various local trade shows.
- Develop technical brochures and documents for use by the sales team.
- Write technical articles regarding product for publication.
- Assist sales team in first time or key client presentations.
- Maintain an up to date Frequently Asked Questions section on website.
- Develop quality PowerPoint presentations.
- Troubleshoot field issues at plant, with material, during placement and with fiber metering device.
- Translate complete testing data into a summary document for use by sales and marketing team.
- Complete informative product presentations to key potential clients, including but not limited to state DOT engineers, government personnel, private engineering firms, and large national accounts.
- Join and be actively involved on committees in key national industry related organizations.
New Product Development
- Assist in development of and for patent applications.
- Work closely with partners, such as but not limited to testing facilities, companies, universities, etc. during testing of FORTA FI in new applications and or new products.
- Work directly with clients or client’s representative to support any product or technical questions.
- Assist marketing department in development of but not limited to brochures, website, advertisements, literature, etc.
Personnel Development (30%)
- Develop a product orientation-training program for new sales team members.
- Complete training for sales team and others, as needed, on characteristics of asphalt, and related parties such as, plants, construction practices, etc.
- Complete and deliver training program on features and benefits of FORTA-FI® to sales team members.
- Complete and deliver training program on various testing methods for asphalt and fiber-reinforced asphalt.
- Maintain up to date training programs and presentations
Expense Control (10%)
- Completes expense reports in a timely fashion per established format.
- Adheres to company travel and expense guidelines.
- Controls all expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Obtains approval from supervisor for all unique expense requests, such as but not limited to trade shows, association memberships, and account entertainment.
- Plan in advance to minimize applicable costs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a four-year college degree in civil engineering, construction technology or a closely related field
- 60% travel required.
- Ability to read construction documents and specifications.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Effective presentations skills to both individuals, small groups and large audiences.
- Extremely well organized.
- Previous knowledge of asphalt applications a must.
Note: The necessity to perform each duty and task may vary among different territories or due to specific circumstances. In performing all of the above job accountabilities, setting an example of professional conduct and communicating a product message consistent with FORTA Corporation’s teachings and beliefs is critical. The percentages denoted for each major accountability are approximate guidelines only for the amount of time likely to be devoted to each in a particular week.
Please send résumés or questions to email@example.com
If interested in learning more, please contact us today!